Sunday, January 21, 2007

Seven Days to Go

Seven Days To Go

That piece of cake I saved is near,
One big slice – I have no fear.
Besides, no pound will even show,
I’ve got seven days to go!

A day of shopping, to the mall we go,
For a burger special, it’s cheaper you know.
I’ll walk it off; I have no fear,
Six days to go, no weigh is near!

I think I’ll skip my tuna lunch,
A ham sandwich is what I’ll munch.
Tuna’s getting expensive, you know,
Besides, I’ve got five days to go!

For breakfast – one egg, toast and juice,
Kids left their pancakes! Oh, what’s the use?
With inflation, to waste is a sin,
Besides, it’s four days ‘til weigh in!

Breakfast – I’ll just have coffee today,
Maybe I’ll lose more that way.
Supper, a little extra I’ll eat,
Three days before that scale and I meet!

Boy, this weekend is really rough.
Restaurant menus are really tough.
I’ll work this steak off, have no fear,
In just two days, it’ll be clear.

Now my nerves are really a wreck,
I might as well eat; WHAT THE HECK!
I’ll take two Ex-lax late tonight,
One day to go, it will be all right.

I can’t afford to eat – NO WAY!
Six trips to the john might save my day.
I gained two pounds, wouldn’t you know?
Guess I didn’t have
Seven Days to Go!

4 comments:

Cokesgal said...

Hey it's Marissa :-)....LOVE the poem and the new blog spot!!! See ya Thursday!!

bratcicle said...

OMG look at you, Tricia....very impressive! Thanks for setting this up!

imback said...

like the site...poem-sadly sounds like me! This will be a great tool.
Thanks - See U in Blanchard

Steph said...

Hey there, figured it out!!! I need this this week...bad weekend!! Looks great by the way...THANKS!!!